Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rolling road this saturday

CHRIS GALE

Ive just recently gone the DVA route for more bhp on my k series 1.8. standard ported head, big valves, 740 cams, DTHTB,s, vern pulleys and emerald ecu.

The car now runs extremly well , pulling from idle, no jerking very responsive and now rapidly quick, but drinking a bit more juice as you,d expect. the map is bernard scouses.

Everyone i speak to incl Dave recomends i put it straight on the rollers to have it mapped, i trust what everyone is telling me thats why its booked into Emerald this sat . but OTOH iam thinking, it goes so well would i be wiser using the money on other mods.

Can anyone tell me there similar experiences or advise?

chris

C7 CJG

Kawasaki green supersport R ??? BHP

You will recover the cost of the RR session in fuel costs very quickly. I also bet that the extra horsepower you get from a proper mapping session will be the cheapest you ever bought.

I'd view an RR session as an essential part of the upgrade, the engine isnt *safe* without it.

Oily

A rolling road session is a must!

Dave Walker is a top bloke who will not not only tailor YOUR map for YOUR car, he is very good entertainment. It's the difference between buying off the peg and a Saville row suit.

Also, for a RR mapping session the price is extreeeeemely good compared with others. There is also a feeling of closure, my mods are finished and here's the result!

If you want to read about my experience at Emerald, go back to 4/5 June for "My day at Emerald"

Best of luck.

Tom