Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 Stack Dash

nbut

And to be pedantic, don't get *exactly* the same one as fitted to the R500. It's not as configurable.

An 8130 road dash (think that's the correct number) looks the same in most respects, but you can adjust the warning levels that are used and a few other parameters that aren't (or weren't last year) available on the R500 dash.

"Down" side is that it won't say Caterham on the dial.

I think they're something like 800 quid in std. trim. Add 50 for a shift light, add 50 for fuel pressure etc etc.

The Stack dash you want is ST8130M. retail price is £1756 + P & P

Cheapest place to try are

Keith Connolly at Keithc@lineone.net

PJ Motorsport Tel/Fax 01283 820 625 - John

TJ Motorsport at tjmotorsport@btinternet.com - Tim Jones

TJ Motorsport quoted me £1645 inc VAT & P&P

🤔 How do you get the dead flys off your teeth 🤔

The 8130M has a whole host of features you may not need - check out the Stack web-site for what's standard and optional on each of the different models.

I went for the normal 8130 and it worked out around GBP860 all in from Keith Connolley. Didn't see the need for some of the extra features which seemed expensive.

You find that the units are all the same, and they are set by setting software flags from outside by some comms into the unit. Probably a 5 minute job to do when you know how and have the correct tools. Total rip off, but then they can do it and we cant.

A 7 is for life, not just for Xmas

• Support Team

Bear in mind that AFAIK you need a slight chassis modification to fit a Stack dash to a Caterham. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong but I think that one of the rails in the dash area needs to be moved slightly in order for the Stack to fit. Of course you will also need a new dash panel. All the sensors will need replacing (water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, etc.) as the Stack ones are different to the standard Caterham ones - I think you might get some of these with the Stack.

Having said all that, I really like the Stack and it provides accurate measurements. Down side is of course that you will then know exactly how hot your engine has got! (see some other threads on engine temperatures).

All I need to do now is read the manual and work out what the other 3 buttons are for (button 3 of 4 cycles between functions and is the only one I have used so far) 😳

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Has anyone got a soft copy of the manual? I am not even sure which version of the Stack I have but it has lap timing facilities on it as well as all the usual measurements if that helps.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32