Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Road Legal racer wanted

LRdriver

Hello,

Its me again.. I am still looking for a road legal(MOT/taxed) ex race caterham that I can use for trackdays.

My budget is the 10-12K mark so a tatty looking car is not an issue.

I realise that this is a bit of a strech but I would prefer a Vx 2.0 around the 190bhp mark with full rollcage and tillet seats(and widetracked/6sp box/sticky tires etc..etc.. :) ). I would consider 1.8K, but after my nightmare with it in my Elise, I am trying to steer away from the "K" but could be swayed if the right spec (ie RELIABLE) should show up.

If any of you racecar owners have a car and need to shift it, please get in touch.

Email pics and spec

Cheers,

Carsten

*cool*

Hi Carsten,

I a fully rebiuld 1988 live axle car with a Full steel cosworth Lotus Twin Cam for Sale, very quick road / race ready with RAC bars etc I can emails some pictures if its of any interest.

Im based in essex so not to far to view

Regards

Stuart

Hi Carsten

I have a 1.6K Roadsport racer

6 Speed

Lsd

New tall cage

Wide Track etc

Moted and Taxed

Exellent Mechainics

Slightly cosmetically challanged

Eligeble For BRSCC Roadsport A Plus 750mc JCC etc

Looking for just a little more than your stated budget

email rocky.racing@virgin.net

Cheers

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Carsten... I may well have a car that will interest you. Its a HPC, VX2000, 190bhp+ ex race car, originally built by Caterham as race car as new 1991, it was then made road legal and raced in 750 series. I purchased it about 5 years ago as a track/road car, but have done very little with it... ran it last weekend at basingbourne track day. Paint work is a bit tatty, engine rock solid and pulls like a train. I am selling because bikes have become more my thing... its going cheap... come and make me an offer... based in Thame just off M40. Drop me an email and your number if you want to discuss further.

David