Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cost Effective Oil Surge Protection

luddites7

All

I have recently had my engine DVA'd and wanted to start doing some trackdays. The car is K series - what is the most cost effective (cheapest *tongue* ) method of providing oil surge/airiation protection.

My budget is a bit tight at the moment (so if anyone has built something from scratch for reasonable costs !!)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Jason

Jason,

Apollo tank provides airiation protection, though not, I think, surge. We fitted one about a year ago, can't remember the cost - about £150?

Pictures of instalation on my website linked to belwo, in the 'tech' section. I hope to be going the DVA route sometime soon when funds allow, but we have been investing in the 'broing' stuff first to protect the engine as much as we can - got a rad tec radiator delivered to day toreplace our old standard one *thumbup*

New site! mycaterham.com

here

42,000 in 23 months!

I've not yet heard of anyone attempting a baffled sump with the K-series. There is a bit too much stuff going on in the sump to make this easy, but it is how race series that preclude dry sumping get around surge problems with other engines (touring cars etc.)

Please understand that this is very theoretical and will probably cost more in development than an off the shelf proven dry sump system.

Pace dry sump seems to be proving itself and is a step-up improvement over the aeration-only protection of the Apollo tank. It is still quite a lot of money.

is there enough space in the wet sump Peter 🤔 I've only ever seen the baffles on an XF sump and they seem to use a lot of space.

And yes - the pace system is nice and significantly cheaper than the Caterhah system. About 1300 in total including VAT, postage, hoses, tank and laminova I think. I've not dared add up all my recipts for several years now though!

The caterham system is 1700 plus vat and postage i think.

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R