Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA - Confidence needed for Mrs K.

Mrs Kipper

Oh gosh Mira is tomorrow and I am panicking *eek* I need a few words of encouragement please from you lovely people. My loved ones are very helpful and supportive, but they keep telling me that the track is very fast. Silverstone is also fast and I remember only too well what happened on the novice track day. I spun at Copse and missed the pit wall by millimetres by both the front and the back *eek*. OK, it was wet, but I still haven't learnt to heel and toe *confused*.

Also I haven't driven the car since Curborough ☹️, although, having the day off work to do the weekend chores, I may abandon the Hoover and iron and go for a blat *smile*.

I think I am really trying to apologise in advance for getting the slowest time through the speed trap (any prizes for this Graham 🤔 *wink*),and taking twice a long as anyone else to get round the track.

Mrs Kipper

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

unlike the novice day it will be dry, and has been previously mentioned the surface is extremely grippy so you should be fine :-)

just get out and enjoy yourself, and I don't think anyone has to apologise for being the slowest *thumbup*

also from my vague recollections it is not a particualry demanding place and nothing technically difficult to do

good luck, and see you tomorrow

rob (34) *thumbup*

Mrs K

I am also very nervous about tomorrow. Michael helpfully tells me that from what he's read its a "ballsy" track - which doesn't help us given the absence of said appendages *confused*. I am going into this with the attitude that as long as me and the car get home in one piece (no trailer!) and I have fun, the time/speed doesn't matter. I hope the fact that it is going to be dry will help.

Come on Mrs K - put down that ironing and go for a blat 😬 (He has ours today so I can't!). See you tomorrow - very best of luck

Tam

PS Thanks for the reassurance Rob 😬

Pat

Its about taking part and enjoying yourself, you feel free to go as fast as you want. As others have said the track is very grippy and we intend to run convoy runs before the practice runs for those that want it so you know where the track goes *thumbup*,

Come along, have a great time and its only a ballsy track if you drive like something possessed (aka Dave Jackson @115mph through the trap), if you drive normally its a great circuit with lots of run off (most places)

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...2 down, 5 to go *cool*

Wow! you were lucky at silvertone! I spun exactly the same place as you (copse) on that novice day, but I whammed straight into that pit wall!(the back wheels bit when i changed down to 3rd, was too concentrated on keeping the car in a straight line to worry about heel and toe..ho-hum). You can easily get away without heel and toe in the dry, especially on such a grippy surface! *smile*

If it makes you feel better, im only 18, never get to drive the car,and did my first Sprint at Lydden this year, was a few seconds of the pace, but it doesnt matter cos it was soo much fun 😬

Just enjoy yourself, its not as if everybody is going to be watching you, let alone critisising! (Everybody's going to be watching my dad though cos he's first out! muuwahaha!)

Finished my last A-level exam today, hurrah!

Thanks everyone.

Tam, like you, I want to have fun and my concern is keeping me and the car in one piece, not only to drive it home but so that Stephen can get his full number of runs.

Graham, I like going fast *smile* I want to go fast *biggrin* its just the slowing down I have a problem with. *eek*

Matt, sorry to hear of your incident at Silverstone, sounds like we did exactly the same thing. I realised at the time how lucky I had been. So, you're in class one. Watch out for no:3 Son of Kipper.

Robmar: To know your limit, first you must exceed it

Mrs Kipper

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.