Click here if you are having website access problems ×

REDLINE gearbox oil

Marius

In the next few days my new gearbox from SPC should arrive (hoooooray!) and Steve highly recommended the REDLINE gearbox oil to me, supllied by Demon Tweeks. Now I found 10 different REDLINE oils or so in the 2001 catalogue. I only know that the oil must be of green (true, I swear) colour. Who knows which one it is ??? Or are they all green?

HELP, please!

Cheers, Marius

I have the page open in front of me....................and it doesn't help much! No wonder you are confused. However, I think the 75w90s at the bottom of the list looks like the one to use. I use the Torco 75w90 synthetic oil on the oposite page in my Quaife ATB equipped Ford axle. It's been in for 2 years, and apart from a fairly nasty smell, seems to do the business.

Marius,

Not green but red!

I have been using Redline Oil for the last two years in my 6 speed box, it made it feel quite different and much better than when using the original Ford fluid.

I have a bottle in front of me and it is called Redline MTL and I get it from Demon Tweeks.

Yep, found the MTL in the catalogue. Steve said that one of his customers used the green Redline oil in his Type9 box, connected to a 300BHP+ rally car and he was astonished that the box showed absolutely no wear after quite some time of use, er, abuse. That´s why I´m after it so much. The "shock-proof"-competition-oils are around 3pounds more expensive, so there must be a difference somewhere.