Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA weather

Peter Carmichael

For some reason MIRA doesn't appear as a city on the Met Office site, (very inconsiderate), however if you look at the Leicester Forecast here its slightly better than the Rugby one (two closest towns/cities)

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...2 down, 5 to go *cool*

BB - thats better - put my acb10's on last night didn't want to have to change back *thumbup*

and also just as well I read this thread as for someunknown reason I thought the sprint was on the sunday *confused*

now all I have to do is re-arrange my weekend *smile*

rob *smile*

Hmmm I hope its gonna be dry...rain scares me, well i thought it was fun until once it kindly introduced me to Mr.Armco.. If its wet on saturday im going out on the track with a hairdryer before my run

About how wide is the track at MIRA? normal circuit wide? hillclimb road wide?

Somewhere between the two I would guess, but, and it is important, this is a special surface put down for testing puposes that is supposed to generate high grip. I would go so far to say that I have never driven on a suface with more grip. It is superb in the first and last corner

The surface on the 'Dry Handling Track' is from what I can remember Dunlop HighMu surface with lots of grip even in the wet 😬, however as Jonathan rightly points out there is a change of surface after you have gone round the fast right hander by the control tower and then are lining up for the left hander, braking on this change of surface can cause problems *eek*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 18 Jun 2003 13:27:44

It will be dry *thumbup*...but rain on the way home...

Well, I can't guarantee this (obviously!) but it's surprising how many times this happens ESPECIALLY at MIRA.

The MIRA track is grippy - it changes where Graham says - it also drys quite quickly between showers.

Being a late (lucky) entry I haven't seen the list...is there one?...can't see it on the site anywhere?...

cheers

Steve