Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

rearview mirror recommendations?

microlightman

Any recommendations on a rear-view mirror that takes up less real-estate on the full screen?

Also what about recommendations on positioning to improve visability.

Can you see enough when the mirror is mounted low?

I've seen those aero-screen chaps with dinky scuttle mounted mirrors. Is there a stick-on equivalent?

If you have the standard windscreen and mirror before you spend any money try this.

Take the mirror off the screen.

Turn the mirror upside down and try it on the screen mounted much higher.

You have to cut a groove in the black plastic to allow the mirror stem sufficient angle to mount on the windscreen correctly.

You will be surprised at the improvement.

The mirror is higher so you can see throught the FIA roll bar much better and also as the mirror is higher you do not get the blind spot to the left of the screen.

BEST OF ALL THIS IS TOTALLY FREE.

Not to be too proud, but what does an inverted mirror look like.....?

Does it stick up over the screen?

By the way the reason I need a new mirror, I broke the last one trying to eliminate vibration.

Anybody else get this problem?

I saw the convex baby check mirror and wondered if it would work....

I did the inverted mirror trick with mine, and also moved it about 2" to the left of the centre of the scren : - result hugely improved rear and forward vision ! It looks better than the original position since the mirror is now level with the top of the screen rail.

One tip : buy a new mirror mounting pad from a motor factor: Glue, double-sided tape etc DO NOT work !! :)

• Area Representative

Away at the weekend at Le'Mans and knocked the wing mirror off. Went into a motor factors, not unlike Halfords, to get some glue. No glue sir but we have this; a suction plated mirror. It has a flexable neck and is fantastic 😬 only cost 8 Euro's.

If you’re behind me and can read this, its because I’m letting you.... Pee Wee

An inverted mirror looks no different to the mirro you have at the moment save the neck turns upwards instead of downwards.

Whether or not it sticks above the windscreen is entirely due to where you stick the fixing pad onto the mirror. The top of the mirror on my car is just below the windscreen top.

Try it, take the exisitng mirro off and turn it upside down then try to fix it back onto the screen.

If you do this all becomes totally obvious.