Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

A Frame

RMWizard

Hello out there

This is my first post, how exciting!!

My question is this...

My rear suspension has been suffering with a creaking/groaning noise ever since I built the car (2 years ago) and I have finally decided to do something about it. From reading past posts I believe the problem may lie with the A frame. Could someone give me a step by step guide to removing the A frame so that I can copperslip the bolts etc??

Cheers

Can only speak for live axle - don't do DD. All the movement should be in the metallastic bushes and nothing should rotate around the bolts themselves. They should be tight and clamp the bushes in place, at the sides and apex. Copperslip not a good idea.

There is an element of 'they all do it Sir'. My live axle (20K) creaks and groans when I get in it, but the handling is fine and when you get going you can't hear it anyway 😬

By all means check the torque settings on the bolts and check the A frame bushes which may be worn after a few thousand miles. You could also check that the rear shocks are not creaking. There have been some threads on this recently, and something as simple as a shot of WD40 may solve the problem.

In short, check the obvious things before resorting to a semi rebuild.

terry

Trying to get out of the garage