Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duxford - July Shedders Meeting

Rachael

Sorry, I have been really busy and unable to continue the thread about the next bikeshed meeting. A number of people have already expressed an interest in going along to Duxford for the next air show, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th July.

If anyone else wants to come along, that would be great...we can have our second day out and get to see some Harriers 😬 😬

We will be able to provide some bed/airbed/floor space to those travelling from further afield, if people want to stay over.

I will also try and arrange a meeting for the end of August/ beginning of September time for those that cannot make Duxford...

Look forward to seeing some of you soon. *cool*

*wink*

Rach

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the Flying Legends show - one of the best airshows anywhere IMHO and well worth going to *thumbup*

The official website is here but [whispers so Rachel doesnt hear]I dont think there will be an Harriers as its a warbird show and Harriers dont have propellors[/whisper].

Another good day out at Duxford is the military vehicle rally on August 3rd here - as well as loads of old military vehicles turning up they also get the tanks out and run them around the arena *cool* *thumbup*

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

I dont believe in Fate, but I do believe in Sh*t, because Sh*t happens - here and here

Edited by - Nick Woods on 17 Jun 2003 12:49:25

Nick,

Hmmm maybe you are right, but there was definitely a Harrier there when we went last year...anyway there is one in Hangar 1 - it might not be going up and down, but you can get close enough to hug it 😬

Will you be coming along then?

*wink*

Rach

I might be coming, we have taken the boys (3 and 6)in the past but they get bored after a while and Sharon gets fed up looking after them while I stare at the planes. So if I do come it may be a solo run possibly with some Carrotlanders

The kids love the military rally though so I'll definitely be at that one. And I must get to shuttleworth this year *cool*

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

I dont believe in Fate, but I do believe in Sh*t, because Sh*t happens - here and here

Hi Rachael!

I do hope to make this, but tis a fair way from sunny Somerset, are you planning to do Sat & Sun?

I expect to have a spare seat - anyone interested?

Edited by - allen on 17 Jun 2003 14:45:50

I think you'll find it's Nor' Nor' East, bearing Westerly in a Southerly direction, heading Sarf, Dogger, Tyne, the fog on the Tyne's all mine all mine, fishy in a dishy, when the boat comes in, eh up, a rootin' tootin' hootin' ...

someone stop me *eek*

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Not sure whether we will do both days, guess it depends on how much interest there is...I am always happy to go and hug Harriers 😬

As for a future meeting up North - that sounds like a good idea to me...will work on the details later...for now, I have the Cambs area meet to blat to...

Gah - hope the rain stops soon, the roof is leaking - again ☹️

*wink*

Rach

I was going to Duxford before this discussion started, for a good aviation weekend. We could arrive & park separately then meet near the Harrier (for Rach), which when i last went was in the Superhangar. Alternantively the SR71 Blackbird or Concorde, as we all know what they look like.

If I said 'lets meet under the nose of the Avro CF-100' it might not be succesful as there would only be Me & Noger meeting up!!

Dont know whether I will be in the Seven or not, as my Dad is coming too.