Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Championship registration

Delberts Wallet

Getting my low flying late this month (still not got it *mad*) has got me thinking. At the beginning of the season I piad £10 to register for the championship and I was informed that I would recieve entry forms directly I guess not through LF.

I haven't had any sent directly yet, has any one else *confused*

Look here

Blue and Carbon Supersport

No.28

Gareth

Entry Forms for non L7CGB events would have been sent to you direct if you said you wanted to do them (lydden, loton, aintree) and as far as I am aware all those that asked for them have recieved them.

The debate about our own events has already been had and for this the forms have had to go in LF although ideally we will look at alternatives for next year,

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...2 down, 5 to go *cool*

The Aintree form was in an A5 booklet (yellow) booklet with Liverpool Motor Club on the front as its their event, if you have not recieved one please accept my apologies if you go here you can dowload a form for the event on the 6th September.

Hope this helps

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...2 down, 5 to go *cool*

So obviously nothing better to do than have a go at the organisation, *mad* The entry form as always was on the L7C home page the day LF appeared.

We have been through all this before but here goes again, the admin fee of £10 (which all clubs charge for a championship) goes towards the extra admin of running such a thing including postage, meetings with relevant clubs, trophies for the non L7CGB events (yes I still need to sort the Lydden ones out 😬) and towards helping to organise the Championship Dinner at the end of the season, and in some cases potential shortfalls of running some of the events.

No one forced anyone to enter the championship and you can enter individual events without campaigning the championship, the choice is yours.

The registration form clearly states that this does not guarentee a place at every event as this is impossible as we currently have 101 championship contenders and most venues only take 80 entrants. This is the real world where every championship I have ever competed in is always oversubscribed at every event, there are simply not enough events for the people that want to compete in them.

We have moved the championship forward this year from 4 events to 7 to give people more of an opportunity to score points to try and ease the pressure at Curborough but people are simply not prepared to try an alternative venue. We will be oversubscribed at Curborough again yet Llandow has 25 places left and there are no spare dates in the Curborough diary to hold more rounds so quite what you want me to do I am not sure.

Oh by the way I have a full time job as a Company Director and like all the other hardworking volunteers out there do not receive any payment from the Club for organising the championship, MIRA, etc.

Rant Over but how many more times do I have to explain it *confused*

Graham

Competition Secretary

Keep up the good work Graham. Most of us appreciate your efforts. *thumbup*

Brown nose over. Your comments however do intimate that there is silverware to be awarded for Lydden. I didn't know this and am looking forward to my bit of bronse. 😬

Andy Mac C7 GON

😬 Team Langoustine. Hard Core Prawn here 😬

Easy guys... my question of what was the £10 for was exactly that, a question. It was not a criticism.

I am grateful to all in the club who put in a considerable effort to make the championship (and other events)happen, and have no complaints whatsoever about the organisation.

Just as long as we are clear about the difference between a question and a criticism.

Robbo