Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mira.... I can't make it

Lawrence_Z

Lawrence,

What very bad luck. I'm sorry in a sort of been-there-done-that-sick-as-a-parrot sort of way. I'd seen your name in the entry list and was looking forward to trying to battle for a place with you with my new improved handling setup...

Let's hope you're ready for the next one.

What got swallowed?

Peter

A screw from the airbox fell out and the flat captive nut type thing got swallowed.

It had been locktite'd but the throttle cable snapped Sunday Curborough, and I rushed the repair to get my run in....Should've redone it...I found half the clip in the exhaust..2 bent valves and a lot of peppering to head and piston.

I'll be visiting Dave soon *smile*

Paul

Yes Doune but Saturday morning on the way down the hill...

Who won? not sure but Junior hit the Armco at the first corner and Mr Fleetwood fell off at top of east brae....not sure which runs though...

Dave Kimberley put in a stonking run on Sunday afternoon *smile*

Lawrence

Who won? not sure but Junior hit the Armco at the first corner

An expensive habit...

and Mr Fleetwood fell off at top of east brae....not sure which runs though...

They all do that sir...

Dave Kimberley put in a stonking run on Sunday afternoon

Doune is either mind over matter or deposit good sense at the start for safe keeping. Congratulations to DK!

That's two screws down the inlet reported on Blatchat in the recent past!

Paul

Just when I was at my lowest ☹️

along came an offer that left me speechless *wink*

Thanks for the call Peter, I'm delighted to accept your generous offer (I think so anyway, but where's the shakey hands icon)

Thanks to Martin also, very much appreciated *smile*

See you Saturday then 😬

Lawrence

Lawrence

If you want to try a moderate spec X Flow on ACB10's you are most welcome although I think you may find Peters car just a bit quicker 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...2 down, 5 to go *cool*

It'll be my pleasure to warm your tyres Peter *smile*

and everything else too 😬

It's always nice to see how the various paddock marshalls allow for this.......

at Curborough we had 20 minutes between runs, while at other venues it's possible to leave the engine running, so short is the turn around time.

Graham

Thanks for the offer...

I did my first sprint in my crossflow in 1993 at East Fortune, and have never looked back *smile*

but sold the car soon after and bought one of the first 6 speed 'K' s (box 006 in fact)

Lawrence (getting excited now)

Glad to announce that my spell of pre-sprint mechanical duress arrived this evening when one of the bellhousing tank bottom plate screws detached and allowed a stream of oil to cover the underside of the car.

All repaired and cleaned up and no harm done. I don't mind when such things happen *before* the event.