Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oulton Park - 1st July

Mark Chilton

No need to be nervous Steve - you'll find it wonderful once on the track. It's not as though you're racing and surrounded by 10 cars all wanting to get into the corner first. There's plenty of room on the track and you'll probably find that you can see no more than 3 or 4 cars maximum at any one point in time all travelling at approximately the same pace as yourself.

There's no prizes and no timing so just treat it as a fast enjoyable blat but without the dangers that exist on the public roads.

Ken

Steve -

If you would like me to ride passenger for your first session and keep and eye out for others and show you the lines I would be glad to help .

I remember the exact same feeling several years ago , I just wished someone had passengered with me . It certainly helps the nerves .

Now though , things are different and folk REFUSE to passenger with me 😬 *eek* *thumbup*

Dave

96 cars means 32 cars per session with 140m of track each on the International circuit or average 3 second intervals at 100mph! Should be interesting...

Any suggestions on places to stay close by? I've tried a couple of local B&Bs but they're already booked.

Mike

Just 2 weeks to go 😬 😬 and the butterflies in the stomach have already started *eek*

I'm told (and I like to believe) that nerves are a good thing *thumbup* 'better to be too cautious rather than too cavalier Still I'm trying to calm my nerves by fettling with the ride height whilst waiting on the 13" rims and new tyres to arrive. If they don't arrive in time then I'm stuck with my not so sticky Michelin 'Pile-ups' ☹️ ☹️and prisoner wheels *cool* *cool* ( sorry mis mav - the very same wheels that you so unambiguously trashed in a recent thread elsewhere *mad*)

Nervous is good *thumbup*

Mark

CATCH THE WIND

I'll be there as well. Oulton was the first track day I had ever done a couple of weeks after buying the car last year.Open pit lane and in the wet on Avon CR322's made for an interesting day!

TomB if you want a passenger ride you're more than welcome just sign on and find me on the day.

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali Race No 134

Membership No 6582

Mark,

I think you'll find that was me who said i Like the new L/W 15" rims, but not have never found the prisoner ones pleasing to my eye. I did not 'diss' the prisoner wheel, merely offerd MY opinion. Miss Mav to my knowledge did not say anything.

See you at Outlon 😬

Edited by - mav on 18 Jun 2003 21:07:19