Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Emerald - Immobiliser

tom7

Having installed the ECU and had it mapped, it flatly refuses to work the immobiliser. Whilst at Emerald Karl took a recording of the 5AS signal and developed a software update that I have installed, unfortunately to no avail *confused* My car is a 1999 1.8K (EU2), the 5AS is under the dash as normal and worked perfectly with the MEMS unit before the recent upgrade.

Have any other Emerald converts had problems with the immobiliser function 🤔. As it is a requirement for insurance, I am concerned that running without the function is a get out of jail card for them if I were to claim.

Cheers

Tom

• Leadership Team

Can you get it as far as learning the code? I retro fitted a Rover immobiliser (many thanks again to Mike Molloy) but I can't get the Emerald to learn the code. It's switches to "learning" but then remains stuck in that process. Due to the fact that the car didn't previously have an immobiliser fitted and has therefore never been tested with a mems unit, I've been unsure whether I have an Emerald or an immobiliser issue. I now guess it could be the Emerald? Plippers work fine - I can here the unit clicking to arm & disarm.

Stu.

Hi Stu,

That exactly what happens. Plippers work fine, ytou can hear them clicking away and the red light works as its supposed to BUT...the Emerald will not learn the code. It just sits there in active-Learning mode forever. This is despite a software upgade from Karl. When he plugged in his oscilliscope(sp) to check that the 5AS was sending a signal, it confirmed the 5AS was OK. The upgrade was supposed to learn from the source of this signal. I've emailed Karl and will attempt to get hold of him later today.

Has anyone with a 32 bit Emerald got a fix?

Tom

Stu,

Karl emailed me a software update yesterday, it seems to have the desired effect on the immobiliser setting page, however, you'll see my other thread "petrol & soot" for what happened next.

He did say that this fix only applies to ECU's that were made after Feb this year when some manufacturing changes took place. Might be worth giving him a call, you will need oyur ECU serial number though.

ATB

Tom