Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

7 Grille

Porky Gammom

My car is a 1990 model and I have just fitted a Se7en Grille. It was not a straight fit but the good news is the basic shape fits. All I had to do was bend the 4 fixing prongs carefully by 90 degrees and the grille fitted. I also had to get some new spring fixing as the old ones where too rusty and broke when I removed them, cost 10p each.

Before fitting I went to Wicks and got some wire mesh to fit behind the grille to stop stones hitting the rad. A sheet cost £3.69 but if cut correctly will do 4 grilles.

As supplied from Caterham the Se7en Grille is coated in plastic so if painting you need to rough the surface up a bit or peel it off totally.

If the above is not clear email me an I will send a picture of the standard grille which hopefully will make it clear.

PS Se7en Grille made my car look much better.

David,

Basically it is for radiator protection i.e. to stop your rad being holed by low flying stones. Seems very expensive Caterham option to me when you can go down to your local DIY centre and buy some fine wire mesh for about £5 and have enough left over to make a spare. Once made simply fix to the 7 grille with cable ties or plastic coated wire.

Chris Alston

www.C7CAT.com *cool* 1800 Supersprint

Drive it like you stole it! 😬 *thumbup*