Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ZV1's that grip?

Alex Birtwisle

I have to report this because I was amazed.

Today is a bloomin hot day. I don't know how hot the roads are but I got my 15" ZV1's almost too hot to touch. The grip they were providing was really quite excellent, in fact it is the best performance I have had from them considering how hard the rubber is.

Has anyone else found this 🤔

Melt the tire, find the grip *eek*

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

Edited by - abirtwisle on 13 Jun 2003 16:34:43

I am running them but have had very mixed results with them, whereas with the old Yoko 510's they were consistantly good. I tried the 720 Potenzas which everyone who I respect seems to recommend and couldn't get on with them either. Going by the number of cars that have beaten me on 720's recently I may try them again as I must have had a duff set. Mira and Curborough are the last chance for my ZV1's. If they haven't improved then, then I will change them

I think that the tyre performance is related to the set up of the car, which in turn should be determined by the driver's personal preference. It may be worth talking to someone like Mark Hicks of Anglia Sevens to try to personalise the setup of your car (assuming you haven't already done this).

I defy anyone to follow Mark on his RE720s and then tell me they don't perform. Obviously with Mark's expertise his car is adjusted exactly to his liking and it shows when he embarrasses cars with 30bhp more and shod with 032Rs.

I'm on 16" ZZ-1s (until I can wear them out) and it is noticeable that they grip better and give more feel in the summer.

It's just too hard a tyre for a 7 so normally they don't get hot enough for the rubber to soften and bite the road.

Jerry Parker

L7SVN

1.4 Supersport