Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ANOTHER heated windscreen for sale...

Bilbo

Well for those that missed out on Tiptree screen

Similar offer to Tiptree

1988 De-Dion car stanchions with newer heated windscreen and ali surround.

NO cracks or chips in the glass that I can see tonight. Surround fine but needs a slight polishing as its been sitting in the garage. Uprights 1988 few small marks scratches and marks from the eyebrow over battery switch.

Screen and ali surround from memory is 1996/1997 its all been off car for over 3 years.

Best offer over £40 received, seems this was the second highest offer before, on this posting by 6pm on 17th June buyer collects it from Bilbo in Beckenham

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 12 Jun 2003 19:58:44

Hi Tom

Not where I am today so I will not read it until I get home normally after 7 pm.

I am normally only on blatchat evenings and weekends ☹️

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Well Tom asked

"Will it fit his 1986 car "

Caterham tell me they now only sell one for all cars. I have now washed the bits and the heated screen is as far as I can see chip free *thumbup*

Hi Roland

Yes but WHY 🤔

Its offered as best offer over £40 received. Toms say yes off line but so far has bid but no price on line as promised.

Err MASTER TOM. said in school master manner.

Its all fine needs a small amount of elbow grease to be near as new. If it was not the screen would be in the local tip . Seems currently it destiny as no offers.

If it did not as described I would ask more it is in fact offered really cheap check the new prices.

After trying to sell my gear box on line I again I do get the feeling of why bother with the hassle and just bin it. ☹️

Current destiny the skip....... whatever

Ah

Thats better

See I can be quite good at getting some raction.

*wink* *wink* 😬 😬 😬

Roland if you E-mailed me i will not see it until I get home

Hi Tom

Looks like your lucky the winner I will send you my address off line.

Thanks for the offer.

I am sure you will be happy with it :)

Soory for later than intended reply 2 hours on the train for 35 minute trip !!! Plus 2 trains terminated on the way.

• 5 months later...

Hi All and Tom

Hi Tom well its still here and you not responded to e-mails.

So unless he responds my Monday its back on offer

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi My Old Nemesis 😬

Well I was hoping for a reply from Tom

But YES if I get no better offer.

Err Summoned for dinner off line for tonight

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi Neil

Thanks for your nice offer best I set a closing date for offers 19:00 tomorrow that is the 15th December 2003 with collection before 23rd December 2003.

Where off line is "Somewhere else" I suspect Tom never picked it up as now and then he was down my way but may not be now.

I moved it from the garage to the dinning room where its sat for 5 months.... Currently "she who must be obeyed" has said out before Christmas. Now off line "Your old Nemesis" has offered to match a reasonable offer.

So can you or Nemesis collect by 23rd December 2003 🤔

I hope you appriciate my stance after waiting 5 months for a collection its boring. ☹️

Edited by - Bilbo on 14 Dec 2003 21:39:40

Hi Neil

I am told, I not seen it yet nor will I until I get home, that Your old Nemesis has upped your offer. I do nopt recive anything but work e-mail here.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to get into a bidding war as I'm leaving the office shortly and won't have Internet access until the morning (your cutoff being 19.00 this evening).

I am obviously interested and thought it would be a nice gesture to offer you what you had lost out on before (it obviously being worth £65 and not £50). I'll pick this thread up tomorrow to find out what's happened.

Neil.

Better to burn away and fade out, than to burn out and fade away....

Hi Chris

Seems its yours thanks for the offer of £75 direct to me by e-mail.

Neil my intention was not to start a bidding war I was giving Tom a chance to respond and sent him another e-mail. I was puzzled why he never collected it or responded to e-mails, still am. Still I have to take it that after 5 months and a few e-mails that he has lost interest. In fact I think that I have been very patient with him. I am only on line in the evening and its been a busy day of meetings so I just managed a few seconds to log on at work note the spelling. I VERY really look at Blatchat in the day. As to the cut off well I was trying to make it not a protracted affair.

Thank you anyway for your offer, I did not know what Chris offered earlier or I would have posted it.

Edited by - Bilbo on 15 Dec 2003 19:28:50

No problem guys.

My point was just that I had no way of challenging the direct e-mail bid because I didn't know what it was and wouldn't be able to find out before the 19.00 deadline.

Neil.

Better to burn away and fade out, than to burn out and fade away....