Click here if you are having website access problems ×

In need of a cure and cheering up

Boonie Hound

I'd keep off the Lemsip, I found a long while ago that it and things like it prolong colds.

A doctor told me that the your body raises its temperature to combat viruses (which is why you feel poorly), but paracetemol in Lemsip etc lowers temperature so prevents this mechanism from working - the result is a cold that goes on for ever.

Regardless of that, I hope you get better soon *thumbup*

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

I dont believe in Fate, but I do believe in Sh*t, because Sh*t happens - here and here

Poor you ☹️

Have you tried sudafed for the conjestion?

Honey in the lemsip helps with the sore throat, as does the little spray bottle of local anasthetic - name escapes me at present. Also alchohol 😬

As for the cough - try giving up the Capstain full stength cigarettes 😬

Seriously - sounds like you need a holiday somewhere warm - i.e. not the Lake District

Much more likely to be Tuberculosis than SARS, so I wouldn't worry too much *tongue*

Drink a bottle of Baileys for the sore throat and cough (milky drink coats the throat)

Insert approximately 20 extra-hot chilli seeds into each nostril to take care of the stuffed nose

It's science, I promise ("It's Vortex")

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Boil up some full fat lemonade then add honey, some decent whisky and some lemon juice.

Drink it before you go to bed and in the morning you feel so much better

The whisky knocks you out, therefore you get much needed sleep and the rest of the mixture soothes your throat etc

It normally works with me *wink* *thumbup*

Viv *smile*

Wishing i had my own seven *biggrin*

I would go for the alchofrolic cures but that makes me snore even worse than I do now.

Last week it was so bad Mrs B left the matrimonial bed for the peace and quiet of the spare room only to be woken by my snores again which she could hear through two doors and two walls.

Even the hound has been known to rush intoi the bedroom and wake me up - either it can't stand the noise or it thinks I'm being attacked. Either way waking up to a German Shepherd in Widescreen mode isnot pleasant.

Keep the cures coming - I'll update yopu on what the doc says.

Mrs N is indeed a Physio, mostly at Cranfold Physical Therapy Centre in Cranleigh (used to be in Ewhurst). She trained in Birmingham, and then Oswestry.

Sorry to hear about the lurgie ☹️ but at least it is official now *thumbup* hope the antibios sort you out !

(don;t know if all medical peeps are the same but Mrs N won't believe I am ill unless I have signed note from a dozen doctors and it is potentialy fatal *tongue* *tongue*)