Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brise geared starter

scooby dooby doo

In what way are you implying that the magneton unit is not all that? Brise do not make the other unit either? Both units are very good quality, and depending on your requirements either unit is suitable, and far better than many re- manufactured units! I have used Brise for some time know and cannot fault their service or products, If you need more clarification on their products then i suggest you talk to Tim Brise himself!

C7 PWT Pure Steel XE.

I've only ever had a good look at one magneton geared unit - it had failed where the arm in the solenoid hits the plastic casing. In this case 3 or 4 lumps of plastic fell off and I could easily see inside.

Literally the next day I was speaking to Miraz and he said his had failed in the same way.

This simply isn't good enough if I'm spending 200 quid on a starter - neither of them had lasted long 6000 miles on one car and Miraz's car is only 2 years old (and I believe the starter was newer with his new engine).

And the std old starter is of course so inept as to be off the scale. It also can't even turn over my new higher compression engine.

I've heard (from miraz who just bought one) that the Brise unit is very much better all round.

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R