Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bag for Momo

Myles

I'm getting a tad tired of faffing around with my Momo, GPS, keys (7s and house/jellymobile), immobiliser fob, mobile phone... when I leave my 7. I'd also like something that I can stuff behind the passengers tillet to store the redundant doohickeys while I'm driving.

Can anyone recommend a small shoulder-style bag (for a bloke!) that is just big enough for the above paraphenalia - preferably with suitable pocketry...

I used to have a 1942-vintage Mk 7 (appropriate... how did they know...) gas mask bag - about the right size, loads of internal pockets etc. but this has gone awol somewhere.

I'd prefer it not to scream Sparco, OMP or whatever - doesn't have to be motorsport orientated- - just gotta fit.

Regds,

Myles

Hmm, well, thought of that (I have a laptop bag handy) - but it looks like a laptop bag! *eek*

I wouldn't intend leaving it anywhere, but if I did, the chance of losing my kit (and possibly car) would be magnified...

Might still consider it in the interim though...

Regds,

Myles

Myles.......try a carrier bag. I use the Safeway one, mainly because there is'nt a Tesco near here.

Takes all the bits from mine...Steering Wheel, battery master key, mobile, other keys etc. Looks innocent enough and no gender worries.

Best of all I get them free everytime I shop.. 😬 😬 😬 .

OK......I normally use a laptop bag....because I always seem to have the laptop with me, put all the loose stuff in that, slide the steering wheel up my arm. Always a good talking point in the shops! *cool* *thumbup*

Still seeking number 1!

I've taken up someone elses suggestion. I have bought a small 5" U-lock from a motorbike shop. It is enough to go through the momo and a lower part of the steering column above where your feet are (after the momo has been released from its normal position of course). Job done.

Sven,

Interesting - not thought of that...

Doesn't solve all of my problems though - and I'm loathe to leave the wheel anywhere near the car when it is garaged - especially since I garage the car over 40 mins driving time from my house...

In fact, that's one of the problems - when i get in my jellymobile to go home after a blat, I want to take all of the bits with me and not lose any of them - conversely, when I decide to go for a blat, I want to be sure all of the gubbins are in one easy-to-grab place at home.

All in all, a bag would be best...

REgds,

Myles