Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

L777 CMB won't start at all...

L777 CMB

Had a great blat this afternoon for 30 odd fast miles. Stopped for some Optimax, jumped back in, ignition on and.... nothing! Not a dicky bird. The ignition light came on, but that was it. No sound of the starter or the solonoid come to think of that. Checked all the underhood wiring connections, checked the starter motor connections but everything seems ok. Car had to come home on a flat bed (thanks to two very charitable souls from Anglia Classic Cars who just happened to be filling up their flat bed at the service station).

Any ideas anybody? Either starter or fuel pump seems likely (I can't hear the fuel pump wirring when the ignition is on). Car is still dead after it's allc ooled down.

I shall be on the phone to Mark Hicks tomorrow at Anglia Sevens...

Cheers, Carlton

I agree with Mark.

If the ECU fuse goes (fuse 14 at the bottom) everything will die as this fuse delivers power to the ECU, the MFRU and the engine compartment in general. If the ECU is off then the fuel pump won't function either as it's controlled by a relay in the MFRU which takes a go/no-go signal from the ECU. If it has gone chances are, as Mark suggested, that it's a 20A instead of a 30A.

Chris

1.8K SV 140hp see it here