Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dampers

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

This is probably an old chetnut, but without the search facility, I'd appreciate your advice.

I'm looking to replace my rather shot adjustable Spax dampers on my 1991 De Dion Xflow. What are the relative merits of the different options such as Leda/Spax etc etc please?

Also, in the meantime I need to temporarily increase the ride hight of the car before Le Mans. Unfortunately, I don't have the proper C spanners and the collars look pretty rusty. Is there any trick to sdjusting them without the proper tool, or is it not worth trying? Is there anyone in the Berks/Bucks area who has a spanner they could nend me?

Thanks & regards - Michael.

I would add Freestyle dampers to your list.

I would spray Plusgas or penetrating oil or failing that WD40 on the threads and wait a day / repeat and then try.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Edited by - stevefoster on 9 Jun 2003 12:14:17

• Support Team

Michael,

If you don't get any other replies for a C-spanner then try Jeff from Penn Sevens as he offered to lend me one a while back. A couple of people suggested that you can move the adjusters using a suitable drift and a hammer - might be worth a go if you can't borrow a spanner.

Guess who wasn't using the rear view mirrors yesterday? Didn't see you turn off!

Anyway see you Wednesday - hope you get your ride height sorted by then.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32