Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alternative to the Official Shedders' Drink!!!

rossybee

Oh my God!

Sunny D no more!

My wife is a star!

She came back from Asda this afternoon, all excited.

Anyone brought up in the '70s MUST remember it!

SUNQUICK!!!

As soon as I saw the bottle, memories came flooding back - the mega-concentrated orange squash with the indentation round the top of the glass bottle...

And it tastes just the same!

I am SO sad, eh?

Ross

Very Black 6spd SuperSport *wink*

A little story about how not everything goes well with Vodka *confused* Names have been changed to protect the guilty *tongue*

Nidger and his 3 mates , a group of fourteen year olds, are preparing for their Duke of Edinburgh bronze award. Being future captains of industry, they have of course made sure the proposed campsite is close to a decent bus route, wouldn't want to WALK the 10 miles now would they !

They have also stocked up on some cider, a bottle of vodka, and rather bizarely a half bottle of sherry. It is not thought that this is standard DoE provisioning.

The bus is caught to the farm, the tents are pitched and party commences inside.

However warm, neat vodka doesn't go down too well. So the enterprising lads find a packet of orange rise'n'shine (powered orange juice) so mix this and make vodka and orange. So they now have warm, neat, orange flavoured vodka. Inspired by their cleverness they try to make a Harvey Wallbanger. They know it contains Galliano, but have no idea what this is, but figure that Sherry may be simiar. So now they are drinking warm, neat, orange and sherry flavoured vodka. It is vile, but they don't care, they have a portable tape player, and the Dorset hills ring to the sounds of Jimmy Hendrix, The Stones and Derek and Clive.

In the ensuing chaos Bill, 6ft, stands up in the middle of the tent, 3ft, thus rendering the tent useless for one of it's main purposes, keeping the rain off. So the foursome spend the night rather cold and wet.

The following day, two of them are so cold that they have to hitch a lift back to school and spend the next week in the sanatorium.

None of them have ever drank Rise'n'Shine again. And two of them can't touch vodka.

You have been warned. 😬

And was this lad Nidger a good friend of yours Noger ? 😬

Did you pass the DoE in the end, my eldest is doing Bronze and of my nephews is doing Silver ?

Paul

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

Edited by - paul davis on 9 Jun 2003 13:20:50

Yes try it, moderation is something that can go out of the window once you've had a few *wink*

Who was it who said that you should try everything with the exceptions of incest and Morris Dancing *eek*

Hic

Paul

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper