Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pass a few minutes by....

Boonie Hound

Thinking up TV ads for pedal karts.

I hasten to add I am not in advertising and just looking for cheap ideas. What songs, slogans etc, etc. Just to kick things off:

Caterham 7 parked infront of house with family desperately trying to squeeze in dogs, luggage etc, etc.

Voice over: You can't take your family on holiday

Next shot:

Someone with messed up hair getting out of a Caterham.

V/O "You can't have a good hair day"

Final shot of close up of grin pans back to face then showing driver in 7 which then blats into the distance to the tune of...(Walking on Sunshine - or something up beat)

V/O "You can't wipe the grin off your face"

Then some sort of tag line like - Caterham 7 - smiles of driving pleasure (cheesy I know but hey I only thought of this game a minute ago)

Please feel free to add your own....

blatting along merrily in the sunshine.

a scooby pulls out of a junction behind.

close ups of scooby driving REALLY hard.

and long distance shots of the caterham ulling away

close up of 7 driver with big grin in relaxed pose.

repeat with ferrari

repeat with 911

repeat with f1 car, except it catches the 7.

V/O: OK - there are some cars that are faster than a 7....

HOOPY

R706KGU 495 kg 200 bhp Hoopylight R - finished this weekend i hope *smile*

Cut to serious looking man with sensible hair and glasses in white coat who explains that endorphins are natural chemicals released by the brain's pleasure sensors in moments of excitement.

Cut to R400 blatting around lots of bendy roads.

Cut to same man now with mad hair, dishevelled clothing, glasses spattered with flies and inane grin on face climbing out of an R400. Man addresses camera seriously. Says, deadpan, "I am now enjoying the benefits of the release of endorphins."

Cut to still pic of Seven with tagline "Clinically proven to make your day happier".

Or....

"In tests, ten out of ten owners said they preferred their Cats".

speaking of R400's - I looked at the price list today to see what a new factory built R400 costs with the options that I have. My car will be an R400 with an R400ish spec engine of many new bits and similar power but better rods. I'll have a better dry sump and ECU as well. The chassis is a year old and the seats and belts 2 years. a few bits (brakes, gearbox and diff) are 7 years old but were refurbed last year.

But I reckon I'll have, on average, a year old R400 that would be £33k new.

*eek* 😳 *eek* *eek* 😳 *eek*

The nice insurance compnay and the nice Mr Andrews mean mine will have cost abvout that INCLUDING all the list tours I've in it and petrol!!!

HOOPY

R706KGU 495 kg 200 bhp Hoopylight R - finished this weekend i hope *smile*

some cracking ideas for ads on here 😬 😬

BUT

should there be some sort of copyright registration being made 🤔 Just in case someone from Caterham wanders through mistakenly and thinks "oooh look at all these excellent advert ideas"...

Sure they wouldn't do that *tongue*

Meldrew: particularly liked your idea 😬 *thumbup*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

*thumbup* to all - must admit I have been going wow that's quite good every time I read a new one.

Thought about putting it up for the big kids but too scared and it might kick off an indepth debate on why you by the car you do - badge, prestige etc, etc.

To be boring for a mo' ... the trouble with advertising a seven in reality, is that the main fun bit - going fast - is rather un-PC.

And even the bit that we know , that sevens feel faster at lower speeds, so you can still have fun at sensible speeds.

I have just thought of one ....

Driver shot from front on, so you can see arms and face. He/She has wraparound shades on. Time slows. In "Bullet time" the shot moves to the wheel ... and it moves

slightly, more bullet time to the drivers face a slight look of concern, shot moves "Lock Stock"-style to the front wheel where we see a freeze frame of a needle sideways on the road which is just under the Avon, the wheel turns, needle staying on road behind wheel. Bullet time back to drivers face, goes from slight frown to "nod of understanding of what went under wheel" .... bullet time pan to rear quarter of car. Back to normal time as seven blats off. Caption. "FEEL IT".

There you go. Onnly a million squids or so *wink*

Edited by - Noger on 6 Jun 2003 16:37:14

I'm sure that there's scope to exploit Peter Cook's exposition of "the cosmic law of Sevens" from the original "Bedazzled".

"....seven deadly sins, seven wonders of the world, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.."