Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

weight info...

TorAtle

...for the mentally ill I suppose -

Honeycomb alu plate, wooden plate which english name escapes me, carpet and fuel neck cover is worth nearly 3.5kg. The boot is littered with this stuff 😬

Rear lights were a bit lighter than I hoped for, but still 1.5kg. These will be replaced with 4 round lightweight ones which I hope to source tomorrow.

Adjustable runners which I previously had under my Tilletts (what was I thinking??) were pretty close to 4kg. I had to make a smallish hole in the floor but lowered the seating position by 2.5cm. Lower CoG and less wind in face with aeroscreens.

I still have doubts about removing the carpet in the cockpit, it kinda looks nice. Supposedly another 3kg.

The sad part is that there's not much more to remove.

Hmmm, Some very dubious or unclearly defined weighings there. A pair of light blocks only weight 600grams!

Seat runners are 1.6kg a seat! The whole S type seat, head rest and runners is 7.6 kgs.

I weight all the small stuff on accurate scales.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Edited by - stevefoster on 6 Jun 2003 15:35:43

Steve is right. The mentioned weights are only approximate (although not that far off), the main thing was to point out the unnecessary things that we carry around.

Edited by - TorAtle on 7 Jun 2003 03:24:12

Uhhhh.. if one has one of those "steam Age" cast Iron Transbox castings.. a serious amount of weight colud be handily diuscarded with the substitution onf a Toyota t50 5speed.. V nice feel/action and better ratios than the T9 things I've tried.. as an unexpected bonus :-)