Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

GAZ shocks - sort of O/T

Luke Beaumont

Has anyone got an opinion to offer on GAZ shocks? I'm considering a set for the tintop, though you can get them in Caterham sizes I believe. Certainly plenty of locost style cars have them.

With a name like GAZ you might expect them to be gas shocks but is that the case or just coincidence?

Don't know huge amounts about them except they're made by a chap who suppiles/used to supply Spax with the majority of their machined components?! I would imagine the name "Gaz" is a coincidence as the chap's name is Brian Gazzard, I think they should have been called "Brians" myself...

I believe they're a bit hard for 7's but imagine they'd be fine for a tin top *thumbup*

I bought a pair a couple of years ago and wish I hadn't wasted my money. They were (IN MY OPINION) total crap. I gave them away... I must stress that this is only my opinion, and other users may think that they're very good!

But; in the world of sports/competition dampers you definitely get what you pay for. Ask Ammo... *wink*

Chris.

Yeah, it's Burton's catalogue that I've been perusing.

Appreciate the whole value thing, but I just want something cheap for my Sierra. GAZ come in at about the cheapest (bearing in mind I want shocks only, no springs) but still not exactly wallet friendly. I've found the XR Owner's Club forum and folk there reckon Proven Products do some good tackle, so I'll give them a try in the morning.

Thanks chaps.