Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K Series Oil pressure guage sender unit.

Beelzebub

You can test the gauge itself by pulling the connector off the sender and shorting the connector to earth with the ignition ON. The gauge should go right over to the max end of its range. (you won't harm the gauge by doing this).

If the gauge is OK, the sender is obviously faulty. You do need to get one that not only fits mechanically in the same thread hole, but it MUST also have an identical electrical resistance characteristic otherwise the gauge will not read correctly.

I'm afraid I don't actually know if Rover sell an identical one, but I'm sure someone on Blatchat will know.

Chris

1.8K SV 140hp see it here

Definitely the sender. I'm getting an intermitent low resistance in the sender causing the guage to read even when the engine's off. Guage appears ok & goes full scale on shorting out the lead to ground. Thanks for the response. D. *cool*

Is this the large oil pressure sender or the small one?

Either way I have one of each spare if you can email a picture to me at david.2.pratt@bt.com or send me an email address and I'll send you pictures of the ones I have.

The standard MG engine fitment one is quite small (a BMW part IIRC) or the caterham supplied one is the larger one,marked PTR1005-M12-10 71216.

They are both brand new unused.

If either will fit the bill,make me an offer!

Thanks for the offer Grim. Before I'd read your post I'd already gone & ordered one from Caterham. 27 nicker plus vat plus post. I had to sit down though after he quoted me the price for an R 500 exhaust for my roadsport. Close to a grand plus post. Blinkin flip. *mad*