Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Aero filler to injection tank solution

Anthony

Apologies for posting in this section as well as Tech Talk, but I am looking to have the bespoke pipework made now.

The bottom Caterham hose will be retained and a new Aluminium pipe will be made up with breather connections.

I would like to make a batch up of 10.

Are there 9 others out there who are interested ? Cost to be confirmed when we get 10 interested Blatchatters

If so please let me know by Friday 6th June.

Many thanks

Anthony

Off to the paint shop PDQ...

Anthony

How does this differ from the current caterham solution, which uses the pipe with vent attachments and then has a (horrible) auro filler car, not a real one with the flip up centre, can you send me pictures of the planned filler cap along with sizes and hole centre dimensions for the mounting holes.

mail to roy.booth@reuters.com

can you also confirm that this is for K series and not just injected VX engines please.

will there be a development version to prove this works before the order for 10 is filled, I believe caterham had a few problems getting the original one to work on injection cars 3 years ago when I ordered my filler.

I already have the vented neck but would like a decent filler cap as the one they do is cr*p.

Roy

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

Edited by - will fly on 3 Jun 2003 11:47:33

I’ll have one you can make it work.

When I looked into it I concluded that the exit of an aero cap was too far into the boot area and you wouldn’t be able to get the filler pipe back into the top of the tank without modifying the tank. How have you got around this?

Adrian

i'd be interested if the solution is lighter (the steel filler neck weighs about 1 kg), lets you fill the car more easily and is a reaonable price.

i actually prefer the std painted / plastic filler to the aero ones as I don't like shiny bits. OTOH an anodised black aero filler would be very cool *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU 495 kg 200 bhp Hoopylight R - finished this weekend i hope *smile*

Guys

This will work with any late injection tank

The std appeture will be used for the mocal fuel filler.

The Caterham std black hose is used at the based and a bespoke new ali pipe is made to connect the filler with the base pipe and has the vent connection.

I hope this helps.

Anthony

Off to the paint shop PDQ...