Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cockpit Heater Query??

Rob Board

Having had all weekend in the seven in the boiling hot sun, it is apparent that the vents on the heater/blower are very inefficient, and all the air from the blower hits one small patch on your leg. (More noticable when switched to hot in the winter). Had a look under the dash to find two holes in the bottom of the heater outlet that are obviously factory spec. Why are they there? And is it ok to blank them off as this would redirect all the air out of the adjustable vent, where it is more use. Anyone done it, or am I missing something *confused* Thanks in advance Rob.

I've been meaning to get round to adding a sliding cover over the footwell vents - a couple of lenths of ali, joggled to allow another ppeice to slide between them - either riveted or bonded into place (like bonding as fewer holes for water to drip thro!) Just not really thought how to open/close them on the go - the're a long way down.

the amin reason for me is to try to get more than a gentle hint of a waft of air out of the heater - a heater in a Morga really does BLOW - must be a lot nicer on a cold morning.

Bri