Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Shock-absorber thread

Bricol

Anyone know off the top of their head the thread on the shocker rod - I've stipped the lock-nut! It looks even finer than "normal" M10 Fine and all my gear to measure is at work.

At least I'm guessing its metric - they are Billys so . . .

Bri

Why are you buggering about with it?

And what happened to the donkeys.......?

A lot of automotive stuff tends to be constant pitch series metric thread.......if it's metric.

Are you sure it's not 3/8" or 7/16" unf. What's the dia?

I was undoing it - it stripped on undoing - Had to cut it off - shocker thread un-damaged.

It was M10 X 1 in-case anyone wants to know. Shocker back together and on car - had to space rear ones away from de-dion tube with extra washer to spring platform missed the redundant tube thro' the de-dion.

Stonking great Clydesdales now passe - amazing how soon you get used to proper power - still not got used to proper grip from the Michelin Pilots after 6 months on remould M&S tho. Although now noticing that the front diff is "free"- get occasional wheel spin at the front - mainly when blasting out of uphill bends.

Bri

You obiously have a different d/d tube - mine only has one set of holes for dampers. 2002 spec. - 10 gauge?

I presume from this that you have invested in adj platforms.

My rears need to be raised a little as it seems the bump stops dont stop mr tow eye saying hi to mr tarmac 2 up! Flat, straight road very slight dip but not enough to lift and scrraawwp... Possibly worth setting up for tandem operation before you go to Italy.

Have you fitted that tank yet? 😬