Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Wheels, bulk buy oppertunity.

Andrew Dent

I have spoken to Superlite about organising a bulk buy of rims. As long as we put together a reasonable number of orders, there is a good discount available for L7C members. The discount will increase with volume. On initial conversations with Superlite, the following prices can be quoted as an initial deal. For their 6 x 13 rim, at a normal price of pounds 67, it is on offer at 48.5 pounds. Painting the wheel can be addded for a small cost. All wheel variations should be on offer. Add VAT and shipping to the prices.

Can all of those who are interested please let me know initially size required and quantity so we can start to sort out quantities and the final price.

Initially we will keep the list open for a month, and review the demand.

An order form will be sent out after the initial period, then we will pass all information/demands onto Superlite.

Anyone interested in some cheap wheels?

Andrew

THIS IS NOW CLOSED. AS STATED ABOVE THE OFFER WAS ONLY BEING RUN FOR 1 MONTH. FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR CHEAP RIMS, THIS CAN BE SET UP AGAIN IF THERE IS THE DEMAND. PLEASE DO NOT HASSLE SUPERLITE ABOUT GETTING OUR PRICE. THE OFFER WAS FOR THOSE WHO PUT THEIR NAME ON THE LIST.

CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED NEXT TIME.

ANDREW

Edited by - Andrew Dent on 26 Mar 2001 19:38:06

This company used to be called Performance Industries suppling Supalite wheels from Au.

I beleive Caterham dropped them due to delivery problems, and their 'minator' produced by K&N is their lookalike replacement. Although I think they are a bit heavier than the 4.8kg supalite

I understand the wheels are no longer cast in Au, but in the UK, this was changed to due to the unacceptable delivery time. My experience of the wheels since they have been cast in the Uk is that the quality is not as good. Apart from poor finish, I have had wheels where extraordinary amount of balance weights have been required, as well as porous castings. (Which are only discovered when you have paid for the tyre to be mounted)

It is fair to say however they were replaced......eventually.

13" Supalite wheels do clear AP 4 pot calipers, but you have to be careful where balance weights are positioned as they can foul the caliper.

If the quality are good, then they are VFM, I do however admit that I am considering new wheels, and supalites are not quite top of my list.

I've had two sets of Supalites in the past few months and was very pleased with them. The quality of the finish (mine are yellow) is very good and they've not required anything out of the ordinary in the way of balance weights. Maybe they've got their act together or changed where they're being cast. Anyway, you can put me down for 4 x 6x13" wheels, Ford PCD, painted yellow. Thanks

Simon.

Edited by - simonray on 29 Jan 2001 11:36:30

I'm in the market for 5 14x6, so I'd possibly be interested depending on price. Looking around Autosport, four other manufacturers of Minilite-alike spring to mind - retail price for a 6x14 in brackets.

Minilite (£95)

Compomotive (£86.25)

Raceline (£75)

KN (£75 inc vat & carriage)

Extrapolating the 6x13 reatil price Andrew quoted in the root message, Superlite come between Compomotive & Raceline.

Luke