Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Experience of Raceco silencer on SLR?

Jeremyc

Any SLR owners who have fitted a Raceco silencer?

I'm interested in the noise levels (both static and drive-by) you've seen for the 6.25" and 7.25" models.

Also, have there been any issues with ground clearance with either model?

As you can probably tell, I'm trying to decide what to do...

Excellent.

I have a 7.25" and it has reduced noise by some 6 dB.

It sounds great in the car but until last weekend i had not experienced it from outside. Well a freind took a video from outside at Pembrey. The music is so sweet. I will endevour to sample this over the weekend and post it on my web site as a playable file.

I used to ground my original regularly. I have only grounded the new one at Cadwell 2up on the tight right hander b4 the Mountain.

DO IT 😬 😬

MY 51VEN - SLR

Give it some WELLY!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 7.25 Raceco (its the dog' s blank 😬). It's fitted to a VX 2.0. I have gone over some sump touching speed bumps at the entrance to beford aerodrome, but the Raceco can cleared fine. I suppose it's down to how low you run your car.

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

has anyone any empirical info on drive-by noise levels? I was ok on static at Prestwold Hall on friday (about 96db), but failed their drive-by (1600 supersport).

I have no idea if the circuits measure drive-by in a standard way, or are they all different?

Basically I denied myself a luverly raceco box earlier in the year and got a standard k series 'competition exhaust' (£150 v £500). This way have been false economy, but I wouldn;t expect a 1600ss to be too loud.

Graham