Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Honest this is a test.......

Powderpuff

.......can't seem to start a new thread in techtalk 😳

I would like to apologise now to all bike-shedder's for my weakness in character and not being able to resist the urge to post on another forum but I'm desparate ☹️

N7XTC is overheating again and I need help if it's to make it to the after school meeting tomorrow *eek*

What you need to do is to get handy with a spanner yourself, so when Alex says the temp sender needs changing you can say "don't worry, I fixed that yesterday and I also changed the ARB bushes and re-worked the map, you can have the car from October onwards" *wink* 😬

Paul with a cunning plan

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

*confused* We must have a case of SARS for CARS developing *confused*

Our temp sender has just gone into terminal decline too 😳 But not being the techy types, we wouldn't know one end of a sender from a dipstick *tongue* *wink*

Would anyone like to purchase said item for a '96 Supersport on our behalf and get all oily at the ASM (after school meet) 🤔

FH

☹️

you're oil temp sender is presumably in the apollo tank and you have caerbont gauges (the old type that don't say VDO on them)?

if so then emma has such a sender but needs a VDO one. if somebody were to purchase a VDO one and wait for Emma's car to be drivable then we could swap them over and split the cost between us *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU 495 kg 200 bhp Hoopylight R - finished this weekend i hope *smile*

Hoops, we don't have an oil temp guage, only a pressure guage. It's the water temp sender that's keeling over and mortifying ☹️

I'm not that worried about driving the car like this, because the fan is kicking in as usual.......... am I being stoopid 🤔

Should I rush to the nearest supplier in another car 🤔

FH

FH,

If you can source the appropriate sender, I am sure that we can swap it for you at the ASM, it should be a simple enough job. Ummm, being a non Cateringvanner, I wouldn't like to suggest what sender you need - sounds like Alex might be up to speed with this job though?

MOO min

www.megabird.co.uk

that's what i thought....

if nothing else then Emma needs VDO oil sender with vague need but the car will be off the road for a few weeks as I'm fixing mine first for le mans.

perhaps FH could blat over, try the sender, and if works then we could get the VDO sender for em and split the cost.

if it doesn't work then all that has been wasted is a morning that was spent blatting.

anybody see any down sides?

*smile*

HOOPY

So where would I be blatting to 🤔 and when Hoops 🤔

Just had a word with the Bearded Fettler of old Hoddesdon and he gave his last sender for a Caterham logo'd temp guage to Mr A Birtwisle of Fulbourn ☹️

Sorry old bean *tongue* I'm scared of them TechTalk people so thought it safer to discuss my techy probs amongst friends *biggrin*

FH

Shropshire. its 2 hours brisk drive on boring roads from cambridge. longer if you take the fun route.

the alternative is to wait until emm's car is mobile and we can meet you.

or alternative 2 is to just buy the sender now.

hmm... or i could take it out and post it to you. but then we get the problems of posting it back if it doesn't work etc etc.

HOOPY

It was also a rather nifty *eek* HIJACK *eek*

but no-one noticed *wink*

Noger, methinks you are joshing *confused* Shirley everyone knows that an oil sender doesn't send oil. It sends messages. Ergo, it's a Postman. Therefore, by the same logic, we can safely deduce that naPP is not an oil sender 😬 I also know that I need either a five-eighths or half inch 'driver' to sort the problem, which is in itself on the 'passenger' side of the engine *tongue*

FH

*cool*

*smile*

I surely WOULD have busted my foo-foo valve had I lifted the engine. Only wanted to lift into the back of the forbifor to take it to the aforemention bearded wonder in Hoddesdon.

Maybe now think that T'Shed was in Star Trek ?

Can confirm you qualify ... but then none of us non-SV'ers are likely to make the basketball team *smile* One of my very tall friends actually pulled a muscle in his 🙆🏻 whilst trying to get in the passenger seat. Short 🙆🏻's rule .... we take up less space on the plant and can fit in sevens *thumbup*