Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Accusump pre-oiler + bits

Ade Ray

Includes cylinder, hose, steel block to connect hose to engine block and relocate oil pressure sender (x-flow), manual on/off brackets and handles, mounting brackets, jubille clips and instruction booklet sent to me from the good ole USA.

I have taken it off my car in advance of fitting dry sump gear. It has all been cleaned and the tank pressure tested. apparently they are fitted to a lot of turbo powered porsches!?

£40.00

Ade

Ade,

Won`t you still need it if dry sumped? From my humble understanding, the accumulator oils at the instant of start up, before the engine driven pump has the oil circulating. Is this not a problem irrespective of dry or wet sumping?

Maybe there physically isn`t space to plumb I suppose.

Ade's car is an ex-race car. The Acusump was fitted to counter drops in oil pressure when cornering due to surge, rather than to protect it during start up. The dry sump set-up should, of course, avoid any pressure drops due to surge.

Simon Ray

Thanks Bro, took the words right out of my mouth/keyboard.

Sorry, I have been away from my study.

The size of the tank is 305mm X108mm. According to the DT catalogue (page230) that makes it a 4 pint manual ACCU1

Trying to be fair about this, Neil - could you email me your telephone number and we go from there.

Cheers

Ade *smile*

• 1 month later...