Click here if you are having website access problems ×

At last !

nobananas

Some of you or none of you may remember from a few months back my posts longing, no preying for an electric guitar. Well I have finally got one ! I had to sell a car to get it but it was worth it (I'm down to only 10 cars now !) Can any of you out there who can give me any advice on how to play the darn thing because I am struggling a bit although I can play the 'strangled cat' song quite well ! *cool*

I do remember - woo hoo *thumbup* *wink*

Sadly I can be of no use in the guitar playing stakes as I am tone deaf and what little I did know I have forgotten...

Where are you based, I do know a couple of people who can play and would probably be willing to help you.

*wink*

Rach

NB - Whooo Hooo.

Nobananas in concert - your name in lights. Best advice is give your neighbours ear defenders.

Just one point - why were you 'preying' for a guitar. Did you hang out in bushes or on the plains of Africa waiting for a herd of guitars to wander past so you could catch the weak one at the back 🤔 😬

Knowing how many cars you have got to 'restore' to their former glory I would learn the blues 😬

Have a look at Tabcrawler .... here

Most of the time it lives up to it's crawler name *tongue* but is v. comprehensive.

Find a song you like and learn to play that. I find that much easier than trying to learn songs I don't know. And you can amaze friends by doing great renditions of wonderwall (my fave *smile*) after only a bit of practice.

This does of course assume you know where to put your fingers in the first place ... *tongue*

Thanks all for your help and advice,

Hoopy, any car that I've got your brother wouldn't want (I don't even want them !)

Rach, I'm based in Cambs.

Pat, I was into thrash but I think I have mellowed a bit and am now liking Foo Fighters rather a lot, if you can suggest a few self help books then I will gladly purchase them.

Boonie, hurry up and learn the drums so we can have that Christmas release of 'Little Donkey' we keep promising and I was 'hawking' the guitar !

Noger, thanks for the link there are some tabs on that I will try and can I assume you can play the guitar and if so does it matter how fat your fingers are because mine are like pork sausages and I keep hitting more strings than I want !

Does a rather tired Granada qualify as a Caterham ? (if you squint in the right light and turn your head a bit...... it looks just like a knackered old Granada !)and I might be a bit embarrassed taking lessons at my level, I think I will practise a bit so I can a least hit one note at a time and not 4 !

I am not sure that a Granada qualifies as a Caterham, but that really doesn't matter...people turn up in all sorts of different cars - last month Moomin even turned up in his Westfield *eek* 😬 We really don't care what people drive...its just nice to meet new people.

If you turn up - I am sure there will be plenty of people willing to take you out for passenger rides, should you want to.... *wink*

Fair enough about the guitar stuff, I will ask my sister if there are any books she recommends - she has been playing guitar for a number of years now.

*wink*

Rach