Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half doors

MartinB

I have found a man who can make me some up for £55 so request no longer needed unless by Tuesday next week. Obviously the ones I'm having made are not moulded but they have an insert in the top edge to add ridgidity.

Edited by - MartinB on 30 May 2003 11:42:14

Sorry for not getting back it touch sooner to all who have enquired, but I have been busy at work and trying to sell some Le Mans tickets for a mate.

These doors are being made by a company in Woking, they are taking the pattern from my tonneau cover and using a similar material, I specified them to have the bottom two popper points and the next two up i.e the one by the windscreen (or where it used to be) and the other one the one about 3" below the roll bar fixing. Between these two top poppers points they are fitting a 2" strip of thickish card which will be sewn in when the top edge of the material is folded over so giving a ridgid and clean top edge but soft sides. I am going over on Friday to have the poopers put on in the right places so that they are tight, I will know then what they have come out like.

I am more than happy to send photos once I have them. But until I have seen them fitted I can't comment on how they look or function.

They actually quoted me £50 but I said I would pay £55 if they took extra care and did a great job, it's got to be worth a try as the Caterham half doors are five times this.

Yes its £55 for two doors.

Edited by - MartinB on 4 Jun 2003 17:37:42

• 4 weeks later...