Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Goldfish Bowl

rossybee

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A youth club I went to (when I was a youth I hasten to add) was run by a chap called Gordon Bennett, and strangely it was a church Youth Club *wink*

Paul

PS Sophie Raworth, ahhhhhhhhhhh

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

don't care what anyone says about silly names, I know the best ones:

there used to be someone who worked for the same national telecommuncations company as I worked for, called Bob Sherunkle (really, honestly genuine).

and possibly the best was that my housemate used to work at the same place as Brian Bolognese! 😬

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk

Gay Power used to work for HSBC. And there was an accountant called Hermione Ledger.

And BT had an R Sole. He was our user representaive for the North East, and as such his name had to appear on the "Help" screen. Now it was entered on the system as R W F Sole. But after a few pints at lunchtime ... well it often got lost the "W F" *smile*

and when I worked for MDIS the finance director was Richard Gable (who went on the be CFO of British Airways) and the head of Treasury was Mitch Crook (he dropped dead in a pub in his early 30's), Gamble & Crook would have looked good on a brass plate outside an accountants *wink*

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

Paul, a friend I used to work with has the surname Cheetham. I've heard the one about me and him setting up a partnership... Hackett and Cheetham!

Edited to add, we were both doing software development at the time, so particularly applicable!

www.megabird.co.uk

Edited by - moomin on 30 May 2003 11:58:28

the site I was on last year had an individual who gloried in the name of,

wait for it

Gaylord Dogbe

Never managed to find the courage to walk into a room full of construction engineers and say I was looking for Gaylord. *eek*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*