Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MoT stickers & changeable windscreens

Mike Bey

Don't know if this has been covered before - I've done a search but can't find anything. Does anyone know what the situation is as regards the new MoT windscreen stickers & interchangeable screens? If I get my car MoT'd with the Brooklands screens on, they will put the MoT sticker on the Brooklands screen, but are they allowed to give me another sticker to put on my full windscreen? Has anyone been through this yet? *confused*

Mike

Do you actually have to display this? I was given mine stapled to the certificate and emissions test print out. No-one mentioned what I was supposed to do with it. Thought it was rather like the stickers my local garage puts on my tin top to remind me when the next service is.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

My MOT garage said that I did NOT have to display it - it was just a reminder. One wonders though whether the "powers that be" are trying to introduce a mandatory display by stealth. In Ireland one has to display separate Tax discs, Insurance Certs and MOT discs on the windscreen - wouldn't leave much room to see out on a Se7en screen !!!

Well, if they make them all compulsory then less people will be able to get away without paying insurance. That can only be good for everyone.

Just means we need to have a swiss army knife set of tax disk holders bolted onto the windscreen stanchions.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

I didn't realise that it's not compulsory to display them. Makes sense, though, as they look very simple, & don't seem very complicated to replicate, so wouldn't be very effective as a legal control like the tax disc. Thanks for the replies, all.

Mike