Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Standard Exhaust System (K series)

SJL

I am upgrading the exhaust on my 1.6K and consequently have available a standard 4-1 manifold with combined cat and silencer all in excellent condition (cars only a year old). Apparently these are an eye watering £720 + VAT new so I thought £200 seems reasonable - any takers - must be someone who needs one

0207 888 1550 (w)

0208 297 0107 (h)

07900 908715 (m)

Simon

Fitted the 4-2-1 system at the weekend and there is NO way I am putting the old one back on again - complete sod of a job.

You can buy a CAT that fits this exhaust - replaces the centre section - for MOT time - I will probably do this or ask Caterham to MOT it for me.

Interestingly I didn't think the exhaust made much difference to driveablity - perhaps a bit more mid range but not very noticeable - will need to try some Jenvey's for that then

Old one still for sale

My car has passed it last 2 tests with a competition exhaust. Bloke asks me if it has got one, I say no and he says fair enough, we'll test it for the higher level of emmissions then (for cars without cats). Sorted *thumbup*

Still got my standard one in the garage roof though, just incase. Should take about an hour to swap I reckon

Blue and Carbon Supersport

Edited by - Gareth Harrold on 27 May 2003 14:10:35

Got my 1998 (June) Caterham MOT'd with a race 4-2-1 - no problems. I was told that cars registered from August 98' onwards need a CAT to pass the emissions test.

Martin Reynolds

C7 MPR

Mandarin Orange,

Cycle Wings

*cool* *cool* *cool*