Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windscreen wipers

Ralph Morgan

Having put up with the pathetic standard fit wipers for 10 years now on my Supersprint (as an all-weather, no hood, user) there surely must be a better way to help me see where I'm going in the rain! Are the Caterham OE items any better these days, or does anyone know of a suitable alternative that works? Nothing in my local parts shops is small enough, but I recall someone suggesting headlamp wipers from, I think, a Ford Granada.

Allen

Do the JW ones still have the razorblade-esque piece of metal in the middle that gives the main blade holder some degree of movement on the arm?

I ask because I've just fitted a new screen (thanks Keith - looks superb!) and don't want it getting scratched as my old one did...

I've bent the wipers as much as possible to make the rubber perpendicular to the glass, but it still looks like there may be metal to glass contact if the rubber wears at all.

Ta

C7 AJM

Andy,

Yes they do. The wiper blade rubber is squashed between in the metal case and there is a lose pivot connection for the wiper arm.

My screen already has some old wiper scratches - I don't believe these blades have added to them.

The blades also needed trimming as they were about an inch too long.

Regards

Allen

I had the same problem but think that I was able to fix it by bending with " authority" the arm ( I had to respay it in satin black afterwards).

Yes, it seems that Old Land Rovers with flat screens use the same blades which have to be shortened using a junior hacksaw and some care...

Pierre

• 2 weeks later...