Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

I'm bored (and have sold my house)......

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius

You sound like Ozzy Osbourne. 😬

After years of observation I have come to the conclusion that we NEED more people who are ****ing mad.

Keep up the good work guys. *thumbup*

I have some nutty friends who have always dabbled in strange mechanical contraptions. They make the fitting of an alternative engine in a Caterham seem very normal. The "piece de resistance" was a kid's trycycle powered by a supercharged Honda C90 engine. Almost impossible to ride unless you hung all your body weight over the handle bars. They got caught by the police attempting to ride it on waste ground. They were told to pack it in and go home. They were in their forties at the time. Now in their sixties they still dabble. The projects are fewer but the underlying insanity remains. 😬

AMMO

I think this is a blinding idea.

Like other jap car companies (honda) Nissan's engines are usually very well engineered for a "stock" engine.

On the fitting front, could the top engine cross members not be made removable (are not this way on modern chassis?

Also, just idle thoughts, but what about a transaxle to move the engine further back - would this help COG/Moment of Inertia?

What sprint class would this be in?

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

Well we could enter it running some RE720's in 185 /60/13 I have in the garage , although we may have a slight traction problem off the line ?? .

I reckon my trusty 205 section 32R's would be just fine in class 5 😬

Should be good for 125 mph across the line at curborough ??

Do let me know when the engine arrives , so that we can try and shoehorn it in *thumbup*

This is gonna be some monster *thumbup*

dave

Gareth - in response to your question - "Theory over, in practise is any one crazy enough to pilot this missile"

Yes - I have had a word with Mrs Jackson , and the life policies have been checked .

All I need now is the £15k to get this off the ground ......

Dave

I have no idea on engine mounts yet, I suggest that when I engine turns up if everyone can make it to my house, between Swindon and Oxford we have a looksee, I will throw a barbeque or something and we come up with a plan.

Should have my Caterham TypeR running by then aswell

PS I found some rollerbarrel TB's for the engine 😬

PSS Dave as pilot please checkin to a hospital and have the lower orifice sawn shut - This needs to be done due to the large adrenline surge and G forces expected. Thankyou Mission Control

Edited by - gareth on 25 May 2003 08:19:59