Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA piccies or Videos?

Mcalvert

Michael - lst year we where not allowed to take any cameras in to MIRA at all, due to the sensitive nature of some of the cars being tested there.

which is why I suspect you cannot find any pictures anywhere *confused*

rob *smile*

Here's a couple of pointers for you Michael

1) Drive like French Connection UK, it's very, very grippy.

2) The second left hander is supposed to be taken flat. That means still acellerating at 90-100mph *eek*. Mike Bees currently holds the record for going through the speed trap immediately after this bend at 94mph backwards *eek* *eek*(through a gap no more than 4 metres wide)

How to do the remainder quickly is a mystery to me - but point 1 above still applies - except for the third left hander which goes strangely slippery as the makrs on the side of my car from a 1 metre high cone will confirm.......

There's a track layout/map courtesy of the MAC here and you can find aerial photos somewhere like here The MAC diagram is several years old, I think the return route arrangement may have changed.

The speed trap is usually on the straight before the marked 'spectator area' on the map. My old Caterham recorded 113mph there, so Mike Bees should be going substantially faster when normally oriented.

Anyway it's a great venue, enjoy yourself!

Paul

Edited by - Paul Ranson on 19 May 2003 21:20:49

Michael/Rob,

Saturday is a working day at MIRA so there will probably be cars going around the banked oval around the outside. Hence MIRA is a venue with special restrictions - NO cameras/videos etc - spectators must be closely controlled etc - particularly children. I haven't got the regs. Graham has produced to hand but I am sure he has covered all of these issues there - and they are taken seriously. The regs will also state if there are any special noise level limts too.

Having said all of that the track is great. Like Ken says it is very grippy - even in the wet. A superb high speed venue.

The decent catering van (Cleeve Catering, Cheltenham) will also be in attendance -you need to try the bacon and brie rolls!

Hope this helps,

Brian

Bacon and Brie rolls *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Lets see if Bacon Butty is at the front of the queue 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.