Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Results & Championship Standings

Silver 21

Well I hope you have all dried out by now *cool*, despite the weather a good day had by all I think, my thanks as others have already posted must go to the organisers, Roger & Barbara, Dave Pattison our Clerk of the course and to everyone else who played their part on the day, without you all these events don't happen *thumbup*.

Enough of the rambling, results are now posted here. Technical problems on the site means they've taken a bit longer than expected

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Thanks to all involved. As you can imagine, I had a good day. One of the few to have a dry run. Hence the result. Hope there are no hard feelings. I did have to drive home to Cambridge with an Aero screen...very wet, but I don't expect any sympathy. Once again thanks to all, it was a great day for me

Cheers

Paul

Graham

Just had a look at the results for Class 2. Pat is going to be very miffed as you have her (no 14) down as Dave Lentell *thumbdown*

Can you please try and update this before Pat gets in to work and logs on or my ( and your ) life is going to be h***.

Ta.

😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Kipper & Pat

My apologies, completely my fault *confused*, the entry list for Curborough changed so many times I lost track, no offence intended *cool*

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Graham

Thanks. I think we got away with it *smile*

On behalf of the Kipper's, can I pass my thanks on to everyone for a great day despite the weather. It must have a been a big decision for someone to cut the second runs but, in the circumstances, I don't suppose there was any other option. The single lap certainly concentrates the mind!

Kipper

I would also like to add my thanks to all those who made the day possible. I would especially like to thank whoever had the inspired idea of arranging the rain to have a serious effect just after my run - I must have better connections than I thought!

I doubt I will be repeating my result of 2nd in class 2 in the other sprints though!

Mike

Keen to point out that I am FIRST in the entire championship at the moment.

Pointing this out because IT WILL NOT LAST LONG!!

Great fun to be back at Curborough on Saturday with the weather playing to my advantage. I am looking forward to seeing footage of the single lap gooning run.

Rob

The simple answer is YES, refer to section 1.7 of the championship regs on the CK site.

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...2 down, 5 to go *cool*

Hi All

As it was slightly or rather a little wet, lets face it that's all it was, it would be a good time to compare tyre performance.

Any chance that those that did well could post their tyre make and type.

Naturally their own driving performance comes in to play but it might be interesting.

Seemed to me as posted it was the amount of rubber and not oil on the track hat kept us all on the edge or beyond.

I also have a complaint everyone knows last place in group 5 is MINE so I do need to have a word in the ear of my chum Dave. Gosh I a big surprise to me I even have points. *confused*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 19 May 2003 20:46:05

Tyres -

On Saturday I was using Yoko 32R's - 185 super soft on the front , 205 soft on the rear .

These tyres have done 2K miles and 2 trackdays so far . I will be running these tyres all year - as I did last year .

I cant justify £450++ on Avon ACB's A24 or whatever they are . The Yokos appear to do the job OK ?? . Although I do wonder what advantage in time the Avons would give in the dry ??

The wet weather grip from 32R's is surprising . But it was spining up in 4th gear over the line - wet weather is a great leveler of power and ability *smile*

I love driving in the wet 😬 *thumbup* , but I hate cleaning the car afterwards *thumbdown* *mad* ☹️

dave

I drove like an 🙆🏻

When i look at my first timed run in the first down pour i can take a little comfort but overall i felt completely inadequate.

No excuses

I have however located the problem and found that the spring rates i thought i had on the rear were actually 50% greater. Effectively solid rear end.

I will be returning to the standard springs from now on. I will try again at Pembrey this weekend.

I was particularly shocked at my spin into the first turn on the actual run. I was taking it extremely carefully and smoothly. I was already in the turn and the car was i thought settled only for it t suddenly break away. I have never experienced anything like that b4.

Utterly 😳

Thanks to all who organised.

Congrats to all who stayed on the black stuff. Well that includes me i didn't touch the grass either JUST.

MY 51VEN - SLR

Give it some WELLY!

FTD in class 2, but 2nd & 3rd FTD were in class 1 and one of them was Kipper Jnr *smile*. I am a very proud Mum. *smile*

Pat

PS Thanks to ECR and others who gave me words of encouragement on Saturday.

Graham, I thought I wasn't feeling myself over the weekend. Pat (or Dave) .

Kipper

Hi Dave

I did have a reason for asking as I am running on AO32 and was not that impressed. 185 soft on the front, 205 soft on the rear. However I think its not the tyres. They performed well when new at Cadwell on a MUCH wetter track but now have a lot less tread.

I have been running the car with the ride height a bit higher (15mm) than I have before and may be this is the problem. I have to say the track was more slippery than the road with all the rubber laid down on it. Still it seemed a good opportunity to see if the leaders were on a different tyre.

I was not pushing it anyway so was surprised at the front starting to brake away so often err then followed by the rear in places.

Think I will lower the car to its old height or even a bit lower. I only moved it up because of the vast amount of local speed bumps then forgot to lower it before the event. I am not claiming this effected my times so no excuses being offered is just that it felt rather odd. Still it seems fine on the road but you do not push the limits so much as on the track.

It was very hard for everyone to get the power down especially at the start and Fradley hairpin where I found the front going VERY light the rear breaking away but the later was expected. On the middle of Paddock bend the front was going extremely light, forcing a pause on the throttle, well so did lots of others.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 20 May 2003 20:24:24

I was running last year';s ACB10s in A24 compound. These are quite badly worn now so not the best in the wet, but I have always found them driveable if you don't set the tyre pressures too high and as long as there isn't standing water. I think they are past it for best use in the dry now, but they are going to see me through the season.