Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

X/flow 'GT' cam with high ratio roller rockers ?

Gavin

Reasonably happy with the performance of my X/flow sprint 100 BHP ( Std Ford GT cam. ).

I have a good used set of Titan high ratio roller rockers that I was going to use with an A2 camshaft. However I have been advised that A2 cam is not that great. Would the rockers work with the standard cam ? Guess the pistons might need machining and I am going to have the head gasflowed.

Many thanks in advance *wink*

Gavin.

I am looking for a set of these exact roller rockers to use with my A6 cam, 1800 XFlow which will work well in terms of extra torque from the lift gained.

However what I can tell you is that increasing the lift will only have an effect if the valve area is big enough for that to take effect. There is a formula for this in the Burtons catalogue tech tips which I believe is correct. What I'm trying to say is that if your valves are standard size then you may find that you are already at the max lift you need and increasing further will have no real benefit.

Roger King will probably be able to explain far better than I can as I don't have the details to hand for A2 cam valve sizes etc, but I think my first steps to tuning this engine would be to increase valve size and flow through the head combined with a 234 or 244 cam and relevant jetting / chokes for your twin 40's.