Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ACB10's on the road.

Bananaman

I'm thinking of putting ACB10's on a VX powered car & have heared that they can be a bit demanding for road use?

The car is quite powerfull 200+++bhp & I want pleanty of grip for both road & track.

I have thought about big AO32's 225/50R15's Rear & 195/55R15's Front.

Wheel size at the moment is 15" but that can change.

Any thought on the ACB10's for Road/Track use, what size/compound.

Weight is also a consideration, i belive ACB10's are a fair bit lighter than AO32's.

Andy *confused*

bananaman

acb10's are quite prone to tram-lining and not that good in the wet, which is probably where you get the "demanding" tag for road use

certainly keeps concentration levels up 😬

think the 032's will give plenty of grip, rims make a significant contribution to the weight

jerry

I had ACB10's and now have 032's. On track the ACB10 just gets better as it gets hot but on the road I am not sure you can tell a lot of difference as they never really warm up (or am I not trying hard enough). I haven't tried a track day on 032's yet.

Tramlining is an issue on ACB10 and almost non-existent on the 032 which therefore gives a lot more confidence. Again this only applies on the road.

If the 032 lasts longer then I will certainly go for them again.

Michael.

Got totally soaked in Ireland this weekend (Se7ens List LtL tour). I was the only one on ACB10's (says something about me rather than anyone else). I carried less speed through the corners than Miraz on CR500's but on the odd occasion when I did provoke a slide, the car was utterly controllable and returned to the direction of travel with the merest hint of a request.

I run the hardest of compounds on the largest 13" sizes (7's and 8's) and yet everytime we stopped I could clearly see the tyres were drying in front of my eyes thanks to the heat I'd got into them. I admit I was somewhat surprised as I'd not noticed that before but it's an indication that they were in fact getting to (warm) temperatures. This is in contrast with the Cat21 in our touring party who had Yoko509s (I believe). Each time they stopped their tyres did not dry. However, they were better planted during the high speed corners than I.

Moral? ACB10's are not as bad in the VERY wet as I'd thought. Very predictable and utterly hysterical fun. I may try a set of CR500's for the Italy2003 tour but as the weather's likely to be better... I doubt it.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours