Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Before I take the fuel tank out...

Grim Reaper

Can somebody with a recent Injected car have a look at the fuel pump on the side of the tank (looking up from the rear drivers side corner of the car) and tell me if theirs is oriented the same as mine?

I have the electrical attachment towards the rear,the fuel hose towards the front but the hose does not sit between the two tangs that protrude from the fixing plate and a small rubber nipple lowest in the ring of fixing screws...

I think mine may be in the wrong way and be starving the fuel supply.

I have the rear wheels off just now so easy to see / photo...

I have a pic to help (sent you a mail about it).

My hose is pretty much above to the electrical contact housing. Perhaps at 1 or 2 o'clock.

I could not mount it with the hose between the two tangs as the hose would not reach to where I wanted to secure the filter.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Cornering? Straight line? I would be happy if I could reverse it off the drive!!

I took the pump out last night,it will only fit into the tank in one position (the one it is in) there not being enough space for the pump otherwise.

However I did find the filter sock had fold marks where it was being pushed against the front side and bottom of the tank (the sock was fitted with its lenght along the length of the car) so I have turned it through 90 degrees to allow it to sit in the bottom edge fold instead.

It is possible that the folds were causing the inlet hole to be restricted in some way.

Take a look at the thread "Emerald start up problems" here for further info on the symptoms.