Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Tyre pressure

Sideways Mike

Thats quite odd to get that wear on the OS edge , I suspect that it may be due to the front suspension geometry rather than simply pressures .

I would suggest you get it checked out at a reputable workshop .

PS - If they tell you they have altered the rear camber and toe walk away .... *wink*

dave

Hi Mike,

For CR322s, you'll want a fairly high pressure on track (I'm assuming 185/70/R13s) - look at 26psi cold, 30psi hot as a very basic starting point (but I know people who ran a lot higher when the weather was hot and dry). I was always told to have the fronts a couple of psi higher than the rears, but I tended to go the same all round - it's all up to your preference / driving style.

(for the record, I used to use 22front/21rear in the wet, 28 front/26rear in the dry - cold pressures)

As for the OS edge wear, if it was both wheels, I'd think it was tracking (too much toe-in? Can't remember which way round it works). One wheel sounds very strange - either way, I agree with Dave that it's most likely to be something odd with the front suspension - worth checking / getting it checked.

Go with what Dan said on the pressures, and make sure you've got plenty of negative camber, for track use you need a fair bit! try a couple of degrees...

CR322's are nothing like "normal" low profile, sticky tyres where 16psi cold might be fine...