Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fitting Poppers

Gary G

Having just fitted a Tillet seat in place of my old S-Type, I can no longer fasten my door at the rear-edge due to the seat being in the way (I'm kinda short).

I've taken the "male" popper out of the panel and want to fit it elsewhere. How do I make a thread in the side panel so that I can screw the popper into it?

drill a hole slightly smaller than the size of bolt you ere going to use and then thread it with a tap,or if using a self tapping screw,do the same and just use the screw direct into the hole...suggest trying it on a scrap peice of metal first in order to get the ratio of hole to screw size correct before drilling your pride and joy.

Another tip...if the edges of the popper base stick out at a tangent to a curved surface (like they will do if you fit them to the door edge) use the end of a socket set extention bar (they usually have rounded off edges)and tap the raised edge down to fit the curve.

The rounded off edges on the extension bar avoid damaging surrounding paintwork and the flush edge to the popper helps to avoid snagging it on things as you get in and out.

This generally only applies to the drivers seat with the adjustable runner (?)

In my case in order to get the right driver position I move the pedal position to the rear of the three settings leaving the seat back so as it dosen't hit the popper ☹️

R300 NUT

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 13 May 2003 07:53:33