Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Should I complain to Avon?

Swiss_Tony

I used about 5mm of ACB 10 tread in approx 1 hour of driving.

I was hoping for a longer life span than this. Is this normal?

I was thinking of sending a letter of complaint to Avon but was after a few opinions first.

James

Su77on Se7ens

Up to my neck in K-series and Duratec engines!

James

Which ACB10's did you buy??, it sounds like you've got soft compound A24's to use that much tread in an hour, they are only designed to be used for Hillclimbs and Sprints not on the road. Did they come with the car or have you bought them new, if so by the code on the side you can tell what sort they are

See helpful posting in the past from Fred here

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 11 May 2003 17:22:40

I have a couple of pictures of the tyres, which under close inspection have less tread than TC has hair on his head *eek*. Not sure of the compound but I'm sure James will take a look and post the details later. If anyone can host the pictures for others to take a look, drop me an e-mail.

Cheers

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Avoiding the Kerbs

What were you doing then James . 😬

Web space Hello Mark D Iam over here *confused*

Big fat bloke, soft compounds...... It all stacks up..........

Hi Arine.............. hows K2 RUM *eek* *eek* 😬

Doug,

Su77on Se7ens

See our web site here.

Bugger...... I aint done it yet

James

If the pictures Mav has posted are of your tyres, it looks like the tyres have de-laminated. I had this happen once on a motorcycle rear slick. Turned out that the Metzeler fitters had put the tyre on back to front. It can also be due to incorrect manufacture. The other reason for premature wear is incorrect setup.

I'd contact Avon anyway. What have you got to lose? They might come up with an answer.

I'd adopt the "I wonder if you can help me? This has happened to my tyres". If you say "Your tyres have only done one hour, I think that's rubbish", expect to get less help.

AMMO

Wasn't there a thread on this some time ago - about the arrows on the tyres not tallying with the true direction of rotation per the stamp on the tyres ?

Having looked at the piccies I think 'abuse' is the order of the day.....and perhaps some genuine horses...eh James *smile*

The ACB10 is a good tyre and nice and light but it's very cheap and old in terms of design and construction which really doesn't warrant the prices Avon/BMTR charge.

Home of BDR1200

Edited by - edmandsd on 12 May 2003 20:16:32

• Leadership Team

To have 2 tyres wear in such a similar manner would suggest that it is not a manufacturing fault - the odds against ending up with them on the same car are very slim. More likely a setup problem - way to much toe in? Surely under normal driving, fitting them the wrong way would not cause that level of problem. What about inflation pressure - the tyres could have badly over-heated?

Stu.

Arnie

What do you mean I am a Lard 🙆🏻?

I find that very offensive *mad*

I will have you know just for the record that I am approx 12ft too short for my weight.

James

Su77on Se7ens

Tight Fart

They are for sale.

I reckon that £50 each is fair. I will mail them to you tomorrow 😳

I reckon they command a higher price because they did come off the K2RUM Eater *tongue*

James

Su77on Se7ens