Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X-Flow Fuel Pump - Solid State

The Luddite

I have a solid state Facet on my rebuilt 140BHP cross flow and it is OK so far. It is a fairly recent addition, replacing the mechanical one, and has only been in place for 1000 miles or so, but that has now included some track use. It was suggested to me by RK and the 7 Workshop that they appeared to be more reliable than the other type of Facets - at least you can hear it ticking before you startup!

Hope this helps a bit.

Mike

Hi

I also run a solid state Facet pump on my X Flow, I think I bought the race one, be careful though as some of these (mine included) will need a pressure regulator fitted in line as they can deliver too much pressure for the carbs, I used a Filter King which is adjustable. No problems with the pump since fitted about 3000 miles ago

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

I currently run a solid state pump with a pressure regulator, 1700 X-flow. Ok for road and a couple of track days, only problem is the in-line filter before the pump gets blocked with jelly if I use Optimax.

Nick

• Area Representative

FWIW, my Facet solid state has been rattling away in the back of my 135bhp 1700 Supersprint for 10 years and 30 thousand odd miles without a hitch.

I have an in-line filter between tank and pump, and a pressure regulator between pump and carbs, both (IIRC) by Purolator. The regulator is set to 3 PSI, which I'm pretty sure was recommended by RJK.

It does get on your tits with the hood up though!

Richard

Don't Visit the North Kent Area Website here *wink*

• Area Representative

It's that thing in the sausage shaped bag strapped to my roll bar.

Never used, of course.

Cos the fuel pump's so feckin' noisy *tongue*

Richard

• Area Representative

Mine's a square jobbie.

It's probably time I checked it over, especially as I've now been dumb enough to publicly announce how reliable it is *wink*

Richard

Am I right in assuming that the Solid State pumps have to be located close to the tank?

Should the set-up be:

1. Filter between the tank and the pump

2. Pump located close to the tank

3. Fuel Regulator between the pump and the Carbs. (in the engine bay?)

The Luddite

Metro Power, I don't think so!

• Area Representative

That's about the size of it Ludd, or at least it is on my car.

The filter is in line before the pump, loosely fitted to the boot floor, the pump is fixed to the rear of the bulkhead behind the passenger seat and the regulator is above the bellhousing where it can be reached for adjustment if that's ever necessary.

Richard